Monday, August 2, 2010

Breaking up is hard to do



Nothing could be closer to the truth!

So, I just broke up with my boyfriend of three years (or close to it). It was rough, but surprisingly uneventful. Then again, this is the third (and last) time I've broken up with him. And, before you even ask, yes, this is exactly what I want.

Let's just say that my relationship has been rocky from the get-go; I've made a lot of mistakes with it because, well, I'm a little flaky and I'm STILL not sure what I want in life as far as romance goes. Let's just say that my boyfriend didn't make the cut and I didn't really either. We were both unhappy and our personalities really clashed so it was pretty much like two rams locking horns. He was pretty upset when he left, but he was leaving little smiley faces in his text messages in regards to the stuff he's left over at my place over the years.

Either way, I'm a free woman, now, and happy to be so. I think I'll stay this way for awhile, enjoy the single life, and try to discover who I am again before even entertaining the idea of going on the dating scene again.

Of course, now that I think of it, I haven't done this month's set of movie reviews. My life's been a little topsy-turvy, what with back-to-school sales and personal life. I promise I'll get to it soon along with some other posts once my mind clears up a bit. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Well, you know how I feel about all of this. You know, I really liked James, but I guess like I said before, as long as you are happy, then it was the right thing. I just hope this is the last time.

    And STAY AWAY FROM DICK FOR AWHILE!! Give the dudes a breather for a few months to get your shit back in order.

    Just remember, I love you Kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a sucky thing that had to happen, but it sounds like it is the best for everyone.
    Amber's advice about staying away from dick for a while is awesome. It's tough, and it sucks, but it really helps you keep your mind together once you get past the "I miss dick" phase (which is pretty short).
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs :0) Its called a break-up because its broken. If you've split up 3 times there was probably something wrong.

    Loving Amber's comment but it's making me want to ask if you have difficulties staying away from dick? I'm sure there is a sexaholic's group near you somewhere :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I really don't think I'll have too much trouble doing the whole "stay away from dick" thing to be perfectly honest. I think I'm going to get myself a chastity belt and give Amber the key! Ha ha! I kid, I kid! But, no, seriously, I think I'm all done with that crap for a good while; I can occupy myself otherwise. :P

    ReplyDelete